Friday 2 November 2012

Cairn O' Mount Today

I passed over the Cairn O' Mount on my way from Fettercairn where I was working this afternoon. The clear skies made for some breath-taking views toward the sea and I couldn't resist the opportunity to take a few pictures along the way. I stopped a short drive along the road at Glen Dye to take a more pictures of the scenery there too. The Dye is a lovely little river but has a big part to play during spawning time. It's a tributary of the River Feugh, which itself is the biggest tributary of the Rive Dee. Salmon and sea trout run this picturesque river given good high water conditions and many will run the Dye which enters the Feugh at Strachan, just outside Banchory. Here are a few pictures from today.
Looking South East from the lay-by on Cairn O' Mount. Stunning view.
Clachnaben on the right and the River Dye to the left of the picture.
The road bridge spanning the River Dye at Glen Dye. Nice spot to stop for lunch.
The Falls of Feugh near Banchory. I wonder how many times this place has been photographed? Didn't see any Salmon leaping today.

Lovely Autumnal colours in full bloom. I was looking downstream towards the mouth of the Feugh where it enters the River Dee.

No comments:

Post a Comment