Thursday 22 November 2018

Every Little Helps!

Last week, I spent a few hours with my Dad clearing parts of a tributary of the River Don. My Dad had notices several blockages the previous week on the Blackburn which would hamper fish migrations so we decided to head out and clear the way. We cleared 3 separate sections and removed numerous items which should not be found in a water way. These included bike frames, concrete blocks, roof sheeting to name but a few.
Before
After
Although it was hard work, it felt really rewarding to be giving something back and making an effort to try and restore the flow of this wee stream back to some sort of normality. My Dad and I will be keeping an eye out on the burn to make sure there are no further blockages in future.

Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment