Friday 22 June 2012

The Salmon Fishing Forum Fly Swap

With the arrival of the Grilse on many rivers, I have taken part in a fly swap on The Salmon Fishing Forum. The Theme for the fly swap was "Grilse Flees".

Having read back on some old posts from another forum, I came across a lovely looking fly tied by well known fly tyer Ross MacDonald. It was a Thurso Dog. This fly was just the ticket for Grilse and hopefully it will do the business for the guys who each get one of my flies. I'll look forward to hearing of any success.

Here are a couple of pictures of the flies I tied up for the swap.

I really like this fly and hopefully it will catch me and the others a few fish this summer.

A group shot of the 10 flies ready to be posted. Looking forward to seeing what the other guys are tying up.
Here is dressing I used for the Thurso Dog.

Tag: Oval Silver
Tail: 2 Pheasant Topping (I've used yellow cock hackle)
Butt: Glo-Brite 12
Body: Black Floss
Rib: Oval Gold
Hackle: Blue
Wing: Chartreuse Bucktail/Lime Green Krystal Flash over Orange Bucktail/Orange Krystal Flash
Head: Black
Jungle Cock

1 comment:

  1. Nice fishing forum detail and got the account there here is another location specific fishing forums for the fisherman.

    ReplyDelete